Ten-Minute Sesame Noodles
Ten minutes is all you need to create this simple dish is just waiting to be served with anything from vegetables to meats, the sky is the limit for your pairings!
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti (dry) approx half a box.
- 1 tbsp salted butter (optional)
- ½ tbsp pure sesame oil
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tbsp chives (chopped) to garnish
Other optional add-ins include:
- ½ tsp fresh garlic (grated) or 1 tsp roasted garlic
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp roasted red chili paste
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp natural peanut butter
- sesame seeds to garnish
- roasted peanuts to garnish
- roasted pumpkin seeds to garnish
Boil your noodles according to package directions and drain.
Add in your butter (if using), pure sesame oil, soy sauce and any other flavorings of your choosing and toss your noodles to fully incorporate.
Top with any topping of your choice and serve hot or cold with any meat or vegetable side of your choice.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Since I'm adding soy sauce to my noodles I don't salt the water I boil my pasta in since I'm essentially adding salt directly to the noodles afterwards.
- To ensure an even mixture with add-ins such as garlic and ginger and roasted red chili paste, mix it into your soy sauce before adding it to the noodles.
- Feel free to experiment with this recipe to achieve your perfect flavor combination!
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 407mg | Potassium: 136mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg