No fat, oil, or gluten, this cake is deliciously moist with a great crumb texture and a fresh and vibrant lemon flavor.
To make this sticky and sweet lemon cake we’ll be using almond flour, eggs, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
We’ll combine the eggs, honey, lemon extract and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Next, we’ll add in the lemon juice and whisk it though. The final step is to add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined ending with the lemon zest.
Once the batter is done you’ll notice that it is slightly frothy. This is normal as the baking soda reacts with the lemon juice.
Pour the batter into a tin greased with coconut oil and (optional) lined with parchment paper, and set it into the preheated oven to bake.
The cake is done when it pulls away from the sides and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Sweet and tangy, this cake goes great with fresh fruit.
🌞From my sunshiny kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this recipe! 🌞
Insanely Moist Honeyed-Lemon Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9x9 tin with coconut oil and set aside. If preferred, you can line the bottom of the tin of parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, honey, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla extract until fully blended and smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add in the lemon zest and mix to evenly disperse throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until the edges pull away from the sides of the tin and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove it from the tin or cut into it.