These mini muffins are simple but oh-so-delectable. Soft, fluffy, with a sweet flavor and moist crumb. It’s hard to believe they’re gluten-free and clean eat too!
To make these gluten-free mini muffins we’re going to need blanched almond flour, coconut oil, eggs, honey, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract and morsels of dark chocolate chips.
To begin we’re going to combine and blend the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract) together until it’s a smooth, thick mixture. In a separate bowl we’ll mix the almond flour together with the salt and baking soda until thoroughly combined before we add it to the wet ingredients and mix it together until a thick, fluffy batter is formed.
Next, we’ll add in our chocolate chips and fold them into the batter to ensure it’s evenly distributed.
A nice thing about this recipe is that the chocolate chips can be swapped out for any addition of your choice. Some options that go great are walnuts, dried cranberries or even shredded coconut (which if paired with the dark chocolate chips are heavenly!)
Using a spoon, fill the muffin tin (pre-greased with coconut oil) with equal portions of the batter.
After baking for 10-15 minutes our muffins will be done (you’ll know it’s done when the edges below the muffin tops turn a golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
The very last step is to enjoy them!
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract) until a thick homogeneous consistency is achieved.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda together until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until a light and fluffy batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tin and bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges around the muffin top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tray to cool for 5 minutes before attempting to extract any of the muffins from the tin.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.